Established in 1964 as a constituent college of the federal University of London, London Business School has won praise for its rigorous and influential academic work and is rated as one of the world's top business schools for their degree and non-degree programmes.
Research at London Business School receives international acclaim and is used for reference all over the world. The faculty at London Business School publish academic papers, reports and books spanning all business topics and inspiring new research in other schools around the world. Furthermore, by analysing real-life situations and organisations LBS faculty constantly develop and refine business theory and frequently win research grants sponsored by industry to carry out fundamental research.
The faculty is grouped into eight subject areas- Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management Science and Operations, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, and Strategy and Entrepreneurship- each with its own events, research centres and specialist knowledge.
Research centres include:
- The Aditya Birla India Centre investigates India's role in the global economy.
- The Centre for Corporate Governance provides independent, cross-disciplinary research and recommendations designed to influence and drive the corporate governance debate.
- The Coller Institute of Private Equity acts as the forum of choice for the exchange of views and analysis of trends and policy issues in private equity.
- The Energy Markets Group co-ordinates activities on strategic modelling, price behaviour and the problems of a competitive industry.
- The Family Business Research Initiative investigates issues faced by family businesses.
- The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor provides quantitative analysis to establish and measure the relationship between economic growth and entrepreneurial activity.
- The Hedge Fund Centre focuses on areas of research relevant to the strategies used by hedge funds.
- The Deloitte Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship tries to improve the understanding of the practice of innovation and entrepreneurship worldwide.
- The Management Lab creates a setting for progressive companies and world-renowned management scholars to work together to co-create "tomorrow's best practices" today.
Click here to learn more about LBS’ research.
Click here to view LBS' executive education profile on IEDP.